Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Attempting a Sweater

I didn't have any internet for almost 3 months and it was killing me. I couldn't look for patterns or projects to do. About two weeks ago my DB got me internet for my apartment, I was too cheap to pay for it ;), and I was finally able to get back on my favorite knitting website, Ravelry. I was able to look for patterns again and tons of them are free! Before I found something that I wanted to knit up I went and bought some new yarn, not that I needed any. The next day I found the pattern for the Asymmetrical Cabled Cardi, by Bitter Purl. I fell in love with it and knew that I wanted to make one for myself, and I had the perfect yarn for it also. After reading through the pattern I knew that it wasn't going to be easy for me having never knit a real sweater before. I knew that I was going to need a couple more skeins of the yarn that I chose but I decided to cast it on anyway. As soon as I had finished casting on I knew I didn't care much for the hem on the original pattern and I knew that I was going to struggle with the way the pattern was written, especially the cables. So I just began the hem that I wanted two days ago. That was the simple part. It took ALL of yesterday to figure out how the rest of the pattern was supposed to be knit and to knit the 12 rows that it entailed. But now I am moving along, for now. I am have to write the pattern stitch by stitch and row by row just to figure it out. I am not to any of the decreasing or raglan sleeve shaping yet but we will just have to wait and see what happens when I get there!

No comments:

Post a Comment